Sulphur Times-Democrat

The Secretary of the Interior authorized the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp #808 on April 20, 1933. On May 1, the Park was visited and Brigadier General Cruikshank, Captains Evans, Bradley, Adams and Superintendent Branch selected the campsite. Camp NP-1, established in Platt National Park, was the first national park in the 8th Corp area (Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona) on April 20, 1933.

Log in or subscribe to view more