The New Washington Bridge
On October 7, 1908 a mass meeting is held at the Vendome in Sulphur to discuss the building of a steel truss bridge on Davis Avenue over Rock Creek.
The bridge was again in such deplorable condition that when there is a parade or funeral the Superintendent had to station a Ranger at the ends of the bridge to monitor traffic to keep the load at a safe level to avoid a catastrophe.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition. https://etypeservices.com/Sulphur%20Times-DemocratID173/